Cardboard Robot Games
Pocket Rumble is a streamlined, beginner-friendly 2D fighting game inspired by SNK’s classic fighters for the Neo Geo Pocket Color. It retains all the gameplay elements that make traditional Street Fighter-style fighters great, but reduces the level of execution and memorization necessary to the bare minimum. That way experienced players can learn the game fast and be able to focus on deeper elements of strategy and mindgames, new players can learn the ins and outs of fighting games without being overwhelmed, and everyone can get their skills to a competitive level without too much grinding alone in training mode.
Pocket Rumble has been in development since 2013. The game had a successful Kickstarter in December 2014 and launched on Steam Early Access in February 2016. It launched in July 2018 on Nintendo Switch.
- Simple, 2-button controls and universal, easy special move inputs with no complex joystick motions
- Short combos with easy timing and a straightforward cancel system
- On-screen frame data bar and visual indicators for properties like invulnerability help players understand fighting game mechanics and how individual moves work
- Simple, unambiguous health and damage system: All characters have 12 HP and all hits do 1 damage
- Diverse cast of characters each with their own unique meter and mechanics
- Quickly swap characters after a lost round to counterpick, just like between matches in a tournament, without slowing down the pace of the match
- Near-flawless online multiplayer with GGPO netcode
- Full Steam Workshop mod support including the ability to play mods online with friends
What to link to?
Link to our STEAM page!
Or even better embed this:
<iframe src="https://store.steampowered.com/widget/389050/" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="190"></iframe>
It will look like this: